Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Patriotic Birthday

I made this cake weeks ago for Ms Debbie's Sugar Art but I've been slow to post the photos. I promise I'll get better about that! The number of cakes I do per weeks has REALLY increased since I've started working with Debbie so I'm trying not to fall behind on posting them.

Anyway, here's one for a 7-year old boy who apparently loves his country. They wanted patriotic colors, camo t-shirts, grenades, camo helmets, and dog tags.



It was a fun cake to make. I really like the look of the mod-looking polka dots on the top tier. And the stripes on the bottom tier make what could have been a serious military cake a slightly whimsical one. Appropriate for a 7-year-old, don't you think?

Hope your birthday was a great one, Christian!

0 comments:

Post a Comment