Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fun Dinosaur Cake

We love it when people give us "creative license" on their cakes. For this cake, they told us they wanted a dinosaur. Everything else was left up to us!


So I molded a dinosaur out of Rice Krispies Treats and covered it with fondant. I covered him with teal polka dots and gave him a yellow collar. Green fondant spikes lined his back, from the top of his head to the end of his tail.


The cake itself was iced in blue buttercream and accented with green buttercream grass.


Wyatt was thrilled with his dinosaur cake, and I found out today that he just finished off the last piece of the dinosaur - the head. Yummy!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Very cute - reminds me a bit of Dino from The Flintstones.

Roxanne said...

This is too cute! Now you've given me ideas for a cake I'm doing next weekend for a 3 year old girl who likes ponies... :)

Roxanne said...

Melanie, do you modify the standard rice krispies treats recipe at all when you're using it to sculpt? (less butter or anything?) About how long till they go stale? And did you put any doweling under the figure? Thanks! :)

Melanie said...

Roxanne, I just use the pre-made Rice Krispies treats! It's the easiest thing to do, and they work really well. :)

Roxanne said...

Thanks, Mel! That's definitely a good idea that I didn't think of... :)

Post a Comment