Friday, April 16, 2010

Pink Roller Skate Cake

Does every little girl have a pair of pink roller skates with hot pink wheels? I did, and I remember skating on them until the stopper was worn to a nub. Ah, those were the days...

But, anyway, last week Debbie and I got to create a pink roller skate for Rachel's 6th birthday party! Debbie carved the cake, and I decorated it. They told us they wanted pink - lots of pink.



So we gave them pink!


The wheels were carved out of cake (that was a pain in the tushy). The stopper was a giant ball of fondant.


And the laces and pom-poms were made of fondant. I love putting little stitch marks on cakes. It adds extra detail that, in my opinion, really enhances the cake appearance without adding a lot of decorating time if you use a little stitching wheel like this one!


I made a confession to Debbie today. I told her I will always try to "steal" the fun cakes like this one before she can decorate them. It's a major character flaw of mine. I could say I'm trying to improve...but that'd be a lie. I just love to do the fun cakes! Is that so wrong?!

5 comments:

Sue said...

So pretty - looks like a real roller skate! I agree that the "stitching" adds a touch of reality to the cake. Beautiful, Mel!

Kellie said...

too cute! my 6 1/2 daughter is in love with her roller skates. her's are purple only because they didn't have pink ones. the stitches are fab and i love the pompoms!

faithy said...

sooo cute! Love your work!

Anonymous said...

that is so cool it looks like a real roller skate i thought it was until it said roller skate cake!!

Anonymous said...

HOW MUCH DOES THIS RUN?

Post a Comment