Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We're Having a Baby!

Well the news is out! We've called all our friends & family and even announced it on Facebook. Announcing it on Facebook was a little intimidating for me...once you say anything, EVERYONE knows! That's a little scary!

So, it's only fair to announce it here too...I'm pregnant! My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 15 months so the fact that there is a baby (currently the size of a blueberry, according to what I've read) growing inside me is a bit surreal. And since we'd been trying so long, we had to come up with a creative way to break the news to our immediate families!

I made cookies in the shape of onesies using this cutter & texture mat set from Country Kitchen Sweet Art. On each cookie, I hand-painted a special message for each family member.

These are the cookies for my Dad, Mom, and sister:

baby announcement cookies onesies
And these are the ones we gave to my in-laws:

baby announcement cookies onesies
And, of course, I made a little surprise for the Daddy-t0-be:

baby announcement cookies onesies
The doctor said I'm actually due Sept 22nd, but I was close! How did you break the news to your family and friends? I'd love to hear about it!

9 comments:

Angela Looney said...

we weren't so creative we just called everyone, but we took bibs to my parents and told them it was something we had picked up for them from disney!!! We were just there the weekend before so I thought that might through them off a little. Cute idea! Congratulations :)

Sue said...

Mel & Adam,
We are bubbling over with happiness, and we loved the creative way you shared the news! Love, Mom & Dad

Julie from TheLittleKitchen.net said...

Congratulations, Melanie!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! :) Being a parent is so much fun. And once they get older, you can share your baking with them . . .my three year old just asked me five minutes ago what we could bake today!! :)

Michelle said...

Congrats !!! :)

Michelle said...

P.S.
I LOVE the cookies they are so freakin cute !!!

Ngozi said...

Congrats Mel...I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The most exciting time of your life. When I became pregnant with my 2nd, fertility issues as well, I sew and monogram so we monogrammed a t-shirt for my son that said, "you think I'm cute... wait till you see the new baby!" on the front and "February 16 is the magic day!" then just went to see the grandparents. it was quite a hit but not as darling as yours! Shelley

Apron Appeal said...

Your cakes are making me really wish I could make fondant cakes. Congrats on your new. I hope all is going well for you.

Post a Comment