Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sesame Street First Birthday Cake

The same week that we did the Pink & Brown Cowgirl Cake, we also replicated a Sesame Street cake a Mom brought us. She wanted the cake exactly how it appeared in the photo!

So I iced the two tiers in blue and yellow...wrote "Happy Birthday" in fondant...made sugar figures (Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Big Bird)...

...made a Sesame Street-like sign with the birthday boy's name on it...


...and sprinkled polka dots all over it!


And, like usual, we provided a matching smash cake since it was a first birthday!

5 comments:

NM said...

I love the cookie monster. He's so cute.

Edna Ruth said...

All of the characters are so cute. I particularly like the duck. I am in awe of your talent.

Edna Ruth said...

Melanie, Goes to show how much I know about Sesame Street characters. I called Big Bird a duck. Anyway Big Bird is my favorite of the 3 characters.

Sue said...

This cake is so, so cute and Big Bird is amazing!

Alicja said...

The cake is lovely, all your creations are; weather big or small :)

Post a Comment