Monday, November 29, 2010

Handmade Christmas Cards

I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I felt ambitious enough to make my own Christmas cards. I guess when you have the energy, you've got to put it to work before it fizzles out!

The cards I made were pretty simple and relatively cheap. I didn't price everything out, but I'd guess I spent no more on these cards than I would on store-bought ones.


To make these, I bought 2 sheets of scrapbook paper (at $0.69 each) that had ornaments all over it. I cut out the ornaments and glued them on to the page with a little brown ribbon and a colored bow. So easy! You can't tell from the photo, but the ornaments are sparkly so they're classy and festive too!


For the top two pictured here, I cut a strip of scrapbook paper that had the red and white stripes on it and glued it to the card stock. Then, I glued a ribbon across the seam. The tiny Christmas trees are actually metal brads and the snowflakes are just plastic (got them both at Michael's Craft Stores).

The bottom card was also made with scrapbook paper! I found a page that had rows and rows of presents and another one that had "Ho" written all over it! First, I glued down a strip of the presents. Then, I cut out one "Ho" and framed it in a piece of blue card stock. I glued that in place with a little white bow accent. It's "Ho" cubed...get it? Ho ho ho? You do get it, right??? Maybe I missed the mark on that one...


And these are my favorite because they're so colorful. The center rectangle is scrapbook paper I already had. I've actually had it for years so I'm happy to be finally using it! To make these, I framed the patterned scrapbook paper in a piece of colored card stock and glued it to the card. Then, I glued down 2 strips of ribbon (one with a knot tied in it, offset) and stuck two foam candy cane stickers on top! Again, super easy!

I am not gifted when it comes to paper crafts. So if I can make cards that look somewhat decent (at least, I think so...), you can too. Of course, if you don't feel up to it...check out your other options. Some people are actually PAID to make this stuff!!! Like my good friend Nicole in her Etsy shop.

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I think they're very festive and fun. I didn't get the HO cubed until I read it. I was thinking, "Gosh, I hope she doesn't send me a card that says Ho on it!" LOL

Ren said...

I think the christmas cards are all very well made! I have not even started my own handmade cards :(

Ren
www.handmade-cards-ideas.com

Christmas cards said...

Wow! those are really gorgeous cards! I'm gonna make my own too.

Post a Comment