Monday, June 6, 2011

Farm-Themed Birthday Cake

It's been quiet on the blog lately. There are a lot of exciting things going on in my life! I'll share some "sneak peeks" with you in a minute, but first let's talk CAKE! Here's a cute cake we just made for a 2nd birthday party.

farm animal boy birthday cake
They wanted it farm animal-themed so I made fondant cows and pigs and stuck them to the sides of the cake.

farm animal boy birthday cake
We also decorated with corn stalks, white fences, a farm tractor, and a huge #2 topper.

farm animal boy birthday cakefarm animal boy birthday cake
So, what's so exciting that it can possibly keep me from updating this blog regularly? Well, it involves moving, opening, birthing, and caking!

My family just relocated to Tampa so I can open my own custom cake shop. The cake shop is already in the works and I'm sure you'll read more about it on this blog. Be sure to stay tuned for the official unveiling of my new logo and website!

And, as you know already, I'm now 25 weeks pregnant with our first child! It's an exciting process and I'm loving every minute of it. Forgive me if setting up my baby girl's nursery occupies more of my time than it should. Some call it nesting...I think I'm just overly excited to welcome her to our family!

Last, but certainly not least, I'm gearing up to attend the Wilton Food Blogger Workshop in Chicago later this week! 27 food bloggers are going to be there, and I think if we find time to sleep, we'll be lucky. They're showing us the test kitchen, we're having cake decorating competitions (I'm game!), we're going to the annual Sidewalk Sale, etc, etc, etc. I'll definitely blog the whole adventure when I get home. There are so many things I'm looking forward to in this trip, but I'm definitely dying to meet the peeps behind Cake Spy and Cupcakes Take the Cake who will also be there! Woohoo! Wilton HQ, here I come!

6 comments:

Lydia said...

This is incredibly adorable!! And congrats on all the new changes in your life! Good luck with the opening of the store! How exciting!!

Denver Car Accident Attorney said...

So cute and adorable cake. I want this for my little nephew. =)

xoxo, Lela said...

Okay, so in love with this cake! Adorable!!!!! Love those pigs.

Mommy Hates Cooking said...

It was so great to meet you this week! I absolutely love this, and wish you were closer to make it for my son's 2nd birthday.

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to meet you too, Mamacita!

xo,

Stacie from Cupcakes Take the Cake

Strat said...

your an artist

Post a Comment