Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Princess Birthday Cake

Last weekend, I made my first cake in Tampa! It was only supposed to feed 25 people, but I hadn't touched a cake in weeks so I went a little overboard. I made it 2-tier, and it probably should have fed about 60 people. But, from what I'm told, there wasn't much cake leftover after the party so I guess they didn't mind!

The cake was for my mother-in-law's boss, Debi, who owns a clothing boutique called the Princess Boutique. They told me they wanted the cake decorated in shades of pink, topped with the Princess tiara, and to somehow incorporate high-heeled shoes.


princess cake silhouette stiletto tiara pink
So there you have it! I decided that using black silhouettes of the stilettos would look the most chic and help to contrast the "little girl" feel that the pinks & tiara were portraying. And I used the new Fabric Fondant & Gum Paste Mold from Wilton that I picked up a couple of weeks ago at the Wilton Food Blogger Workshop (stay tuned to see more of what I'm making with my loot).

But Debi wasn't the only one celebrating a princess' birthday last week! Our puppy Nani turned 4! In dog years, we're the same age now!

dog birthday cookie
Taylor and my mother-in-law brought Nani some goodies, including this adorable ice cream cone cookie for puppies!

dog birthday cookie
Nani was eager to please. Sit! Shake! Lay down!

dog birthday cookie
Then she carried the cookie around the house for a bit...

dog birthday cookie
...and finally settled down and smiled (or snarled?) for the camera.

Happy birthday, Debi & Nani!

5 comments:

NM said...

Zelda misses you Nani. Happy Birthday.

Heaven is a Cupcake said...

Lovely cake! And VERY cute dog :)

torturile Sandei said...

Wow, beautiful cake!

Neesie said...

I love your cakes and photography. Definitely talented.
I've been thinking about putting a water mark on my photo's but haven't got a clue how to do that....I'm new to the blog world.
If you could give me a few helpful tips I'd really appreciate it. Thanks ;-)

Mel said...

Neesie, my friend Mikkel actually made my watermark for me so I don't know much about it either. However, let me do a little research on the topic and I'll post a tutorial in the future. :)

Post a Comment