Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Groom's Cake

A couple of weeks ago, we did a wedding and groom's cake at Sweetwater Branch Inn in Gainesville. And now that I think of it, I can't remember what the wedding cake looked like for the life of me! Whoops!

That's ok though. The star of this blog post is the groom's cake. If you follow Mel's Cake Walk on Facebook, this cake will look familiar. I posted a very similar cake by Cup a Dee Cakes almost a year ago as a "Friday Feature."

This bride and groom wanted a close representation of that cake. If you do a google image search for Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cake, you'll find a bazillion of them. Apparently, there are quite a few Reese's fanatics out there!

For this cake, we created a Reese's Peanut Butter Cups package and left one cup peeking out the opened end of the package. Here's a shot of the cake just after completion in the bakery:


At Sweetwater Branch Inn, the bride left a LOT of Reese's cups for me to spread around the cake. I have to admit that the cups really completed the look of the cake. And they really smelled delicious, but by the time I opened my 200th Reese's cup, I was sick of them! Of course, I still ate the 2 damaged cups on the way back to the bakery...but that's besides the point...