Friday, June 24, 2011

Baby Gender Reveal Parties

(Photo from MailOnline.com)

Have you heard of the baby gender reveal parties? I am in love with this idea, and I've been dying to convince my friends to let me bake their gender reveal cake. Ok, let's backtrack. What's a gender reveal party?

Well, this is a trend that's getting more and more popular. Instead of finding out the gender of their baby in the doctor's office during a sonogram, expectant couples ask their doctor to write the gender on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope. Then, they deliver that envelope straight to their cake baker. The baker decorates the outside of the cake with a gender neutral design...but the inside? Is either PINK or BLUE!

(Photo from iVillage.com)

So the couple picks up the cake and takes it home to a party, usually filled with friends and family. When they cut the cake, everyone discovers at the same time whether they're having a boy or girl!

When Ph.D.-serts & Cakes opens its doors, we will definitely offer this service! In the meantime, if you are pregnant and want to try this, email me! Even if you live outside of Tampa, FL, I have ideas for how we can do this and ship the goods to you!

And, by the way, did you catch the big reveal of Ph.D.-serts & Cakes' website and logo on Facebook this week? If not, check it out at www.phdserts.com. The website is still under construction, but if it's anything like the amazing logo that Allison Anne Stevens Designs created for me, I know it'll be out of this world!

5 comments:

أحمد العربي said...

this is the nature of human beings
they love surprise, and they take any given chance to create one
haha baby gender inside a cake revealed!!!

funny article

Ben and Shelby said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! how fun!!!!! Love the new logo :)

Unknown said...

So cute, I would have loved that!

Makenzie said...

As a fellow cake maker I am totally excited that my sister will be having a reveal party in a few weeks. I'm brainstorming for cake ideas and am super excited about it!

Claudia said...

That is an awesome IDEA! LOVE IT!

Post a Comment