Friday, October 8, 2010

Golf Cart Groom's Cake

The groom's cake that accompanied the Tuxedo Wedding Cake was a doozie. They wanted an edible golf cart to sit on top of the cake!

I'll admit, I was intimidated. "Where do I start?! How the heck do you build a golf cart?!" But, as with anything else, you just have to start working on it. I took it apart in my mind and started working on it from the ground up.

After at least 8 hours of work, this is what we had:


The body of the cart was created out of Rice Krispies Treats covered in fondant. The wheels were fondant too. And the cart was 99% edible! The only things that weren't edible were the bamboo skewers (painted black) holding up the roof and steering wheel.


But the bride didn't stop with just the request for a golf cart. That would be too easy! She wanted the cart filled with things that had importance to the groom. So we put his Maltese puppy in the passenger seat, his guitar strapped to the back, and his golf clubs all over the place! They also wanted a particular company logo on the side of the cart - it was where they got engaged or met or something like that...


And, as a finishing touch, I added fondant tin cans to the back like they were using it as a get-away vehicle at the reception.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks so real. bravo!

Roxanne said...

Love it! You did a great job. And I love the doggie-- maybe because I have a maltese too! :)

Jana / MybakedWorld said...

I love it!! You are sooo talented!
Jana (www.mybakedworld.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment