Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tiger Lily Wedding Cake with Buttercream Swirls

Ok I must confess...we did this cake a looooooong time ago. Maybe a couple months or so ago? I don't know why I didn't post it sooner - maybe I just thought it wasn't that spectacular. Who knows?!



It was made for a wedding at Golden Ocala, and it was iced in buttercream with hand-piped buttercream scrolls around each tier.


The flowers you see area all fresh.


And the green stem was made of green fondant.


But the best part about this delivery is that the bride and photographers walked into the room as soon as we'd set the cake down. I wasn't going to include these photos in the post, but you'd never believe me if I told you the bride was beyond excited about her partially decorated wedding cake.


I mean, I didn't even have any flowers on it yet! But there she was, squealing and giddy!


And I totally didn't think I was in the photo...I was trying to hide behind the cake while I worked on getting the flowers ready.

*These last two photos were taken by Russel Martin Photography, a super awesome husband-and-wife team! Thanks for giving me copies!

1 comments:

Luisa said...

Me encantan tus trabajos, así que sigo tu blog / I love your cakes. I'm a new follower in your blog.

Besos/Kisses
dolcelui.blogspot.com

Post a Comment