Friday, October 15, 2010

My Personal Susan G. Komen 3-Da for the Cure Super Rock Star

A good friend of mine is participating in the Susan G. Komen Tampa 3-Day for the Cure so, in her honor, I'm posting a cake we did last week for a 16th birthday party.


The cake was iced in butter cream and decorated with fondant zebra stripes and stars.

But back to my friend Julie. Over the weekend of October 29, 2010, she'll be walking 60 miles in the Tampa area. And she was chosen as the Energizer Keep Going Blogger for the Tampa walk so she'll be blogging and vlogging before the walk, during it, and after it! Be sure to follow her on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated.

Julie has already raised $2450 with donations from friends/family and Energizer's sponsorship. But she's still only at 74% of her goal ($3300). Help her reach her goal by donating at her personal fundraising page!

Know your risk. The two biggest risks of breast cancer is being a woman and growing older. One in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Komen for the Cure is the largest network of breast cancer survivors and activists working together to save lives, empower people, help everyone receive quality care, and energize science to find the cures.

Another way to support Julie is to send her a card or letter (no packages) during the walk! All cards/letters must be postmarked by Tuesday, October 19th. Send them to:

SGK 3-Day for the Cure
Camp Post Office
Attn: Julie Deily
PO Box 41611
St. Petersburg, FL 33743

Ok, folks, here it is. Last year, I ran a half marathon with some friends. My knees won't let me run anymore, but I can certainly walk! I'm saying this here, publicly, so you can all hold me to it. I'm going to do the Susan G. Komen Tampa 3-Day for the Cure next year! Join me, and together we'll raise money and make a stand!

Julie, you are a Super Rock Star! We're all rooting for you!

1 comments:

Julie from TheLittleKitchen.net said...

You are so amazing. Thank you, thank you for your GENEROUS donation! And wow, you're going to walk next year! Congrats! I want to walk with you too! We'll see how I do this year ;) and what Curtis says. LOL!

Thank you for writing this post again and for your support, it means so much to me.

Post a Comment